If you are curious about who I am you might like to read my answers to the questions I was given.
Thanks to Kiwinana of http://ramblingsofawriter2016.com, I have been awarded the Sunshine Blogger Award. So first thing, thank you Kiwinana for the recognition.
Kiwinana, Agnes, lives in New Zealand. She has been married to her wonderful husband for 70 years. Among her interests are writing her blog, nature, basketball (netball), reading, crocheting and knitting and gardening. There are more wonderful bits of information about her which can be seen at: http://ramblingsofawriter2016.com/2016/01/04/who-iam/
Here are the Award Rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you. (See above)
2. Answer the questions from your nominator.(See Below)
3. Nominate eleven other bloggers and give them eleven questions.(See further below.)
- What is your best childhood memory? My family did a lot of traveling near to home and sometimes as far away as Mexico and Canada. Daddy loved to drive so it was Moma’s job to keep us 4 kids aged 12, 10, 6 and baby occupied while we drove. Moma had taught us kids to sing (several of us even played the piano). So we would sing together acapella in the car. We also played the alphabet game looking for letters in sequence one at a time on billboards. Funny thing now is we couldn’t play that game now since there are much fewer billboards! My childhood years were filled with many memories of my childhood family.
- How do you handle a stressful day? First I freak out a little. Then I divide and rearrange if possible to reduce the stress. I fortunately don’t have many stressful days now, since I retired from nursing, my son moved out years ago, and my husband passed away 6 years ago. The worst things I have to deal with now are bills, two cats and lunch dates and doctor appointments. lol
- Where is your happy place? My home is my happy place. I sold the house we all lived in almost two years ago. My husband had collected a lot of stuff that I had to get rid when I bought a two bedroom condo. I now have my home decorated in peaceful colors, oriental taste, and there is, I have been told, a peaceful feeling to my home. I think it is the two cats sleeping all the time that just finishes up the peaceful atmosphere. I even nap sometimes too.
- What was one of the most defining moments in your life? After my husband’s death I took control of my life again.After years of leaving most decisions to him, I finally remembered and believed that I am an intelligent woman, with a good head on my shoulders, with a good sense of what needs to be done, good intuition, and love figuring out how to fix things; and if I don’t know how to do something I can either figure it out or look it up on the computer!! I also have many family and friends on Facebook who would give me advice or recommendations if I still wasn’t sure. The internet gave me a broader connection with the world.
- What do you like to achieve with your blog? Now that I am a retired nurse, I still want to “make a difference” in the world. I want to cheer people who need cheering, emotionally support those when I am able, help make the world a better place, and maybe just make someone smile or think more positively about themselves. By blogging I can do all of this. I can also express myself more freely because I can go back and edit my words to make them flow or describe better. I also find writing for my blog to be healing because it makes me stop and think about my past and helps me to understand things or even see things I didn’t see before more clearly.
- What aspect of blogging do you love the most? I have to admit, that by being the dethroned first child and losing the whole attention of my parents (LOL) it makes me feel so good to see that people are enjoying, thinking, laughing, or understanding something I have shared with them. As you may be able to tell, I am a talker.
- What do you prefer, books or movies? I can enjoy a movie of a book that I read usually as much as the book itself. I can appreciate the artistry that was hopefully used in the movie to express the scenes, ideas, and characters the original author portrayed in his book. I enjoy both equally. I have to admit that my eyes get very tired if I read too much. I hope to remedy that by using a Kindle Fire as soon as it arrives!! Movies are much easier on the eyes.
- What does a perfect day look like to you? Warm or cool weather with the sun shining. I would spend time with my two sons and their wives (one is soon to be a wife.) Usually the only time I get to be with them all is at Thanksgiving or Christmas. We ate together, after whoever wanted to cook a meal, then we would play games like Monopoly, Jenga, Mexican Train or whatever we all enjoyed. I love my little family so much that seeing them happy, healthy and together warms my heart like nothing else can. They are a big part of my life even though they live 45 and 90 minutes away. I also will have a grandson after next month, who would definitely be part of the festivities.
- What are your favorite foods to snack on? Anything chocolate or with chocolate in or on it. LOL. The easiest question yet! I do like cheese puffs too but not nearly as much as chocolate.
- What is the one thing that you are most proud of? I am proud of the life I have lived. All of the experiences of my life have added together to make me the me I am now. I like myself. If I were a stranger I think I would like me too. I have learned to be considerate, kind, compassionate, loving, empathetic, understanding and more confident than I have ever been before. I am very proud of how I weathered the “tsunami” (as a counselor once described it) of my husband’s stroke and recovery; botched surgery with complications, which healed; poorly controlled diabetes and the ill effects it can bring; and finally, 6 years ago, his death. I learned to handle finances, had help moving, selling my home and buying my condo as well as decorating it to my tastes. I DID GOOD!
- What’s your ultimate vacation spot?I do love the beach when it’s not too hot. I love the colors of the sand, sky and sea; the sounds of the wind off of the ocean, the gulls, and people on the shore, the life that practically pulsates in everything around me. The eternity of the beach and the swells and tides of the ocean. I feel good just writing about it!
My 11 nominees for the Sunshine Award
The 11 questions are
1. What inspired you to start writing?
2. How are you inspired to write your blog?
3. If you could spend a day with a historical person, who would you chose?
4. What would you want to talk about with this person?
5. What era would you like to live in?
6. If you could be an animal what would it be and why?
7. Who has influenced your life the most?
8. What do you enjoy writing about most?
9. While writing your blog posts, do you go over it repeatedly and edit or do you just write it out and post it?
10. What part of nature do you identify with most?
11. What makes you most worried about your blog?