I was nominated for the Liebster Award 2016 by spookymrsgreen. I haven’t had this award before so I thank you, Mrs. Green. We met just by “fate” lol. Some of my interests seemed to match some of hers or some of hers seemed to match some of mine. We are after all a blogging family so it is good to get to know as many like minded folks and unlike minded folks as we can. That way we can learn from each other more fully. I enjoy reading the works of many of my fellow bloggers. I just never have enough time to read all of everyone’s blogs!!
Her questions to me are below followed by my answers.
1. Do you believe in Fate? I believe there is a creative Force at work in the universe. I believe we have freedom of choice to follow the leads of that Force. When we are not tuned in to listening and understanding the guidance we are given, things may take a different turn. But I believe that everything will be balanced at some point. We will understand someday why things happened the way they did and we will see the end results that was originally in the plan for our lives. So I think I do understand and believe in Fate at least as well as I can.
2. Can you explain the workings of a man’s brain to me? I am not sure if you mean neurologically or practically. I was a nurse so I remember the basics of how the brain works. As to how a man’s brain works. It all depends on his life as a child. Were his parents over protective and did everything for him to the point he had no chance to gain confidence as he grew up? Did they encourage him to try things and learn to accept failures and successes? Was he taught to love other people and life forms as well as himself? Did he see his parents showing their love to each other as loving people should to help him know how to love a wife? If not did he figure these things out by their negative examples. Love is the key and the desire and confidence to challenge the status quos of our lives. Men are as different from each other as women are.
3. What are your thoughts on the EU referendum? The what? Sorry but I know little or nothing about this to respond. I looked it up quickly and don’t know why they want to withdraw. But I think generally speaking there is strength in numbers. I saw there is name calling and such just like there is here in the States. That is infantile and accomplishes nothing. People who resort to name calling have no idea what they will actually do to solve problems. I think we are all stronger if we stand together. But I do not know why they want to leave in the first place.
4. What is your favourite blog post?Westerns and Aging Gracefully.https://joyful2beeblogs.com/2015/09/22/westerns-and-aging-gracefully-2/
Having grown up loving the cowboy and Western shows on the television, I was really stunned when I saw the old versions of my heroes. It started me to thinking about how we deal with getting older. I am almost 65 years old myself.
5. How did you decide on the name for your blog? Well, I have always been a happy person. I grew up in a loving family, and had a good childhood. I did have some bad times as an adult though because of my husband’s problems and how he changed to be emotionally abusive at times. I wanted to be happy and make a happy place for our son to balance the stresses of our marriage. My son brought so much joy into my life as I watched him grow up. Now after adopting his best friend who has an awesome wife and my grandson I am even happier. Also my biological son is marrying a woman who truly loves him and is loved truly by him. I see him becoming happier and enjoying life more. I made it through the hard times because I wanted to be strong and happy. I wanted to show others that God helped me. The titles with happy in them were already used and I thought of the synonym for happy is joyful. The bee part was just to make it a little different.
6. Do you have a hobby and what is it? I have several hobbies. I have always loved to read. I am fascinated with cats, since I have 2 cats. I enjoy photographing scenes, animals, people and anything that catches my eye. I also have studied several things that I hope to get into again later: Chinese Water Coloring and water coloring. I also find people fascinating. I like to try to figure out why they act the way they do. I love to watch and look up information about animals and insects and anything I want to know on the internet.
7. What makes memories precious? Reliving the warm feelings, sounds, sights, events make them dear and the joy they bring to us.
8. Is family important? Having a good loving family is very important. Some have had to grow up with bad home situations and decide they do not want a home like they grew up in and work maybe harder to prevent such. My second son came from a terrible home with abuse and neglect. He became friends with my son, and my husband and I. We treated him like part of the family. He met the woman he married and they have a wonderful marriage after 12 years!!
9. Do you have any objections to women breastfeeding in public? I breastfed my son till he was one year old. We did it in church and I used a baby blanket over my breast so no one would be bothered. I don’t understand what is so “nasty’ or obscene about a mother feeding her baby, whether it be breast or bottle. But I am not one to stir up fights so I just kept it private. I do not believe a mother should have to go to a nasty bathroom to feed her child. I think if people are not comfortable then just cover it up. But that is just me. I think it is a beautiful thing to do and to see.
10. What is your favourite alcoholic beverage? I never have been one for beer. I have enjoyed a strawberry daiquiri, rum and coke, even a little mead; but I don’t drink normally unless I want to feel warm when it’s cold outside. It makes me feel hot and I am usually hot enough.
11. Are you a thinker or a doer? Both. Sometimes I put off doing something I really don’t enjoy doing but need to do. I think about it for several days when possible. Then the mood hits and I go do it! I am single and don’t have that much company so I mainly worry about the basics. lol.
Now I will nominate 5 awesome bloggers for this award. I hope to learn more about each of them. These are the guidelines for your response if you choose to answer.
1. Display an image of the award and write about your nomination
2. Thank and link the person who nominated you for the award
3. Answer the 11 questions prepared for you by the blogger who nominated you
4. Nominate 5-11 awesome bloggers who you think deserve this award, and create 11 questions of your own for the nominees to answer
5. List these guidelines in your blog post
These nominees are some of the most fun bloggers to read. They have humor and life lessons to share and they interact with and play well with others. Here are my 5 bloggers that I nominate for the Liebster Award:
And here are my 11 questions for the bloggers I nominated: (I counted the clarifying questions at part of the 11. 😉
- If you could spend a day with anyone from the past or present, who would it be and why?
- If you could live in any era and place in time to live when, where and why would you choose?
- What attracted you to your spouse and if your not married, what would attract you to one?
- If you could be an animal, what would you choose and why?
- What is your fondest memory from your childhood?
- Where do you like to vacation and why?