Thanks to psychomother at http://www.thepsychomother.com/ for awarding me the Liebster award. This is one I never had before. She is an amazing mom who loves her kids and even slept on concrete outside the theater to hopefully fulfill her daughter’s dream to attend, hear and see “Hamilton” in the hopes of getting a ticket for her daughter and herself and actually got tickets to the sold out play! She is quite an amazing mom who is going through all the things we moms go through when our children grow up and go off to college.
The Liebster Award 2016 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to new bloggers by other bloggers. Read on to see if YOU have been nominated, or why not nominate someone yourself? Liebster, in German, means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The Rules Are…
Write a blog post about your nomination. Display an image of the award. Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog. Answer the 11 questions the person who nominated you asked you in his/her blog post. Nominate 5 – 11 other starting bloggers who you think deserve this award, and come up with 11 questions of your own for them to answer. List these rules in your blog post.
So to fulfill the requirement for this award, (requirements??) I will now answer these questions. Although I don’t usually accept awards, I do like to let my readers know me better so they can better understand my posts and maybe they will think, “Ahh, that’s why she wrote that,” if they know me better. And I liked these questions too. Besides to know me is to love me. The last requirement is that I nominate 5 other bloggers to answer my choice of questions. Well, because I am lazy today I only nominated 4. If you want a Liebster award let me know and I will be glad to nominate you. It is a golden opportunity to make yourself unforgettable and better known! Your questions are at the bottom of this post.
1. vanbytheriver.wordpress.com (Because I like you and want to know more about you.)
2.http://thorsmaiden.wordpress.com/ (Because you are a newer blogger and live in Ireland!)
3. Bernadette http://haddonmusings.com/ (Because you sound like you have had and still have an interesting life!)
4. ksbeth http://ididnthavemyglasseson.com/ (Because I am curious about your life and what you do when you aren’t writing . (I don’t mean that in a stalker way. lol!)
1.Where were you born and do you still live within a 100 mile radius of there? I was born and lived the first 21 years of my life in Greenville, SC!! (I didn’t know you had lived there Pyschomom!). I now live near Raleigh, NC. I was born in Greenville in 1951 and love the changes of our downtown! It looks beautiful!
2.Why do you write? After losing my confidence in a marriage to a brilliant but OCD , moody, diabetic husband who knew everything and was seldom impressed with what I had to share, I joined an online group where people shared their stories, inspirational things, their questions, and just treated each other like family. (At least until some stupid people started doing mean things), people responded positively to my writing and it felt so good to have someone interested in what I had to say. They asked for more stories about my grandmother, and made so many positive, supportive comments that I was hooked!
3. Do you have a real job, or are you trying to make it with your blog? or are you writing a book? I retired from a thirty -seven year nursing career, 5 years ago due to sciatica problems. I am now on Social Security and the dividends from my retirement funds. I have enough for what I need and am enjoying retirement. I don’t expect to make a living on my blog but just want to make a difference in the world by spreading some humor, beauty, interest, inspiration, love, positivity and joy.
4. Are you married? children? My husband died 6 years ago after a struggle with diabetes and its complications, a stroke and finally heart failure. I have one biological son who is 6′ 6″ tall and about to marry a wonderful lady who is 5′ tall. I am thrilled that he has found a great wife!! I adopted a young man early this year, who went through hell in his family as a kid. We became fond of him because he was a friend of our son. After both of his parents died I formally adopted him. He has been married since he was 17 to a wonderful young woman. They have earned their masters degrees and his wife has her doctorate! I am even more thrilled that they had a baby, my grandson, who is 5 months old and is adorable!!!!!
5. If you could sit down with ONE person for ONE hour and ask them ANYTHING, WHO would YOU choose and WHY? I would love to talk with my mother’s father, who died 5-6 years before I was born. My mother told me how dear he had been to her and I would love to get to know him better. He, like my husband, had mini strokes, diabetes, and kidney problems at the end. I would just like to meet him and hug him because he was the grandfather I never knew.
6. If you could go back to any ONE part of your life and re-live it, what part would it be? I would go back to where I gave my husband my power. I trusted him implicitly. I lost my confidence by comparing myself to him and he didn’t help much in supporting my confidence. I would maintain the confidence I had in high school and nursing school. I would be stronger and stand up for myself. I might have left him, before he got sick if things didn’t get better and save myself and my son, a lot of pain to recover from. I did love my husband but due to the mini strokes he was emotionally abusive. I wish I had prevented that from affecting our son and myself. But we are both stronger and healing now.
7. Who was/is the most influential person in your life and why? My mother and father. I have to say that because they were an amazing team as parents. My mother taught me how to be a good wife, mother, nurse and woman. My father taught me to love learning. He worked with his hands in his garage and I learned some things about fixing stuff from him. I think my brother and I inherited his engineering mind. I love to figure out how to fix things. My father was a gentle, loving, father and I think I am like him in that respect.
8. What do you do for fun? I have a friend with whom I sometimes travel to see local events, or go to the beach, or travel to see her granddaughter. I love writing, watching movies on Netflix, eating lunch out, going to movies at theaters, sitting in nature on my screened in porch and enjoying the green trees, grass, the birds and my cats. I have two cats who keep me company and entertain me. I also love photographing beautiful, interesting scenes. I also love to watch people, especially children. They make me happy and renew my zest for life every time I am with one. Their little minds see things in new and beautiful ways.
9. Where do you like to go for vacation? I enjoy going to Greenville about once every two months. I love visiting with my brother and his wife and seeing family who still lives there. I love the Reedy River Park and seeing people enjoying it. I also go shopping with my awesome sister in law.
10.Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? 10 years? 20 years. In the next 5 years, I plan to stay right where I am in my condo with my cats, with my two sons, best friend nearby and continue doing what I am doing now. In 10 years I will be 75 years old. My grandmother remarried in her 60’s, so who knows? Since my grandmothers lived to be 92 and my aunt is still alive at 93, and my parents lived to be 86 or so, I anticipate a long life. I will probably be slower then but I want to continue doing what I am doing right now. In twenty years I probably will be a lot slower in my activities and spending more time at home, reading, watching old movies, loving on my grandchildren or great grand children, and maybe I will remarry along the way.
11. Has your life gone exactly as you expected/planned? Explain: The nursing part went well. I loved nursing and it gave me some wonderful experiences. I never dreamed that my husband would get sick and die. But I have made a good life for myself and am healing well, gaining more confidence, surprising myself with what I have accomplished since and loving life. I never had a real plan other than to be a nurse, marry and have at least one child. So those I accomplished. But later I became a photographer, and had some great experiences from that as well, and now I am a blogger. I love my life!!
My nominees for the Liebster award are only a few. The newer bloggers might need some exposure, so here they are:
I am using the same questions given to me because they give room to describe your life as much as you would choose to do and let others get to know you.
Questions for my nominees are:
Where were you born and do you still live within a 100 mile radius of there?
Why do you write?
Do you have a real job, or are you trying to make it with your blog? or are you writing a book?
Are you married? children?
If you could sit down with ONE person for ONE hour and ask them ANYTHING, WHO would YOU choose and WHY?
If you could go back to any ONE part of your life and re-live it, what part would it be?
Who was/is the most influential person in your life and why?
What do you do for fun?
Where do you like to go for vacation?
Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? 10 years? 20 years?
Has your life gone exactly as you expected/planned? Explain🙂