Water is such a delightful part of our lives. Here is a list of 10 things that make water a pleasure to me.
1. On a hot day I like nothing better than to go swimming in a pool of cool water or just drink a tall glass of ice water.
2. After working hard or working out it feels so good to get into the warm water of a Jacuzzi to soothe and relax sore muscles.
3. There is nothing more calming, hypnotizing, and beautiful than watching the ocean as its waves form, swell, and crash on the shore or beach. And then the sea life that washes ashore just adds to the wonder of it all.
4. There is another form of water which I find calming, beautiful, and fascinating: snow. The falling of the snow itself is a wonderful thing to see. I actually got to see it snow at Cape Hatteras, NC in March last year. It was amazing!
5. Although nobody enjoys a heavy rain in cold weather, I found it cooling and refreshing at several summer rock concerts. I have also been under a tin roof at camp as a youth and heard the rain hitting the roof. It was amazing and loud.
6. I love to take photographs of water when it is serving as a mirror, reflecting the beauty of a sunset or a shoreline in a small pond or ocean.
7. I truly enjoy drinking water when the temperatures are hot. But when it is cold I can make hot tea or coffee with water and tea bags. Water has such a variety of uses for drinking and cooking as well.
8. There is a place in Cary, NC that has several wonderful water fountains. I love the sound and the sight of the water as it is shot out of little spouts into the air and then descends in ropy cords of clear sunshine wetness into the fountain’s basin. Enjoy the beauty of them.
9. Water is so photogenic when it is flowing; it has so many different appearances when in motion. By slowing the lens speed, spurts of water look different than one would expect.
10. There is something purifying, healing even cathartic about water. I have taken a shower when I was grieving or sad about something and the warm water just open the floodgates and helped me to release the tears and feel healed.
So you can see why I find great pleasure in water in many of its different forms, appearances and sounds.