Over the last month I have enjoyed getting to know a fellow blogger from South Africa, Morag Noffke. She is such an intelligent and artistic lady. Through this first person I ever met from South Africa, I have found her lifestyle and her country fascinating. We have exchanged many thoughts and experiences and found each other to be of similar heart and mind. Thank you, Morag for nominating me for this award. Her blogsite is: https://moragnoffke.wordpress.com/ .
This award was created by Vincente Hindero, whose blog address is:http://vincentehindero.wordpress.com . Thank you, Vincente for creating this award. You have helped fellow bloggers to meet each other and provide connections to other bloggers who help us develop a larger circle for support and sharing.
The questions Morag gave me are as follows with answers.
- What is your profession or daily role? I am a retired Registered nurse with a 37 year career. I worked in medical, surgical, cardiac/telemetry, and Intensive Care and Coronary Care Units. Right now I am enjoying my retirement while writing posts for my blog: https://joyful2beeblogs.com/.
2. Do you have a hobby and if so what do you do? I enjoy listening to TED Talks on YouTube. I find there are so many interesting and informative speakers there. I also enjoy watching video clips from night show interviews,and old movies. In the past I enjoyed taking classes and doing self study on Water color, Feung Shuei, some Spanish, some German, Sign Language, and animals. I love being able to look up information on my smart phone anywhere I am. I am constantly looking up interesting tidbits of knowledge because I love to learn. I also am an avid phone photographer. I love capturing beauty and sharing it on Facebook.
3. Do you live alone or with others? Since my husband’s death 10 years ago I live with my black cat, Norie. She constantly amuses me with her antics, surprises me with her politeness, and amazes me with her seeming to understand what I say. I have written many posts and taken many pictures of her. She is a joy and a wonderful companion for me. I had a second cat who died one and a half years ago.
4. How are you managing your life with Covid 19 virus? Since I live alone there is less likelihood of my catching it. I do live in a condo building with 9 other families. Three of those are single women like myself. Each one is a wonderful, thoughtful, helping neighbor. We try to protect each other by following the shelter in place rules and 6 foot space between us. So even though we keep our distance from each other, I still have calls or hall interactions with them. Since I was a nurse I have a good concept of sterile technique, wearing masks and gloves and hand-washing techniques. I started collecting foods that would be easy to cook, nutritious, and with a long shelf life before it reached my state. So I did not have to rush to get things like many others did. Besides I lived in New Orleans for 8 years. When we heard a hurricane was coming we gathered foods that we could cook if we lost our electricity. So I was ready for this mentally.
5. What do people like about you? I never thought about this. I know strangers seem to respond well when I smile at them. I think normally I am a good listener and some have told me I have a calming affect on them. (This may be a little off now because of inability to go eat lunch and talk with my girl friends or just walk around a store shopping. I do call several friends and we both can do a lot of talking. ) I also am quirky and can be funny. But I am always in helping mode when I sense someone is upset or needs to talk.
I choose to nominate 7 other bloggers, due to my and their time constraints.
Mary Lou of https://meinthemiddlewrites.com/
Jane Hunting of http://www.janehunting.co.uk/
Beth of http://Ididnthavemyglasseson.com
Anne of https://horseaddict.net/
HERE ARE THE RULES TO FOLLOW:
- Thank the person that nominated you with a link to their blog: https://www.joyful2beeblogs.com
- Post the award nomination photo
- Post the rules.
- Nominate 20-30 other bloggers (or more) and notify them.
- http://vincentehindero.wordpress.com is Vincent’s blog site, and he would appreciate you checking out his blog and consider following and supporting him too.
- Notify Vincent of your nomination, via comment and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for faster replies.
- After notifying Vincent, he will check out your blog, follow and give you your unique award for the good work on your blog.
My 5 questions for my nominees:
- Why did you decide to be a blogger?
- Do you have pets and if so, what are they and what are their names?
- Where have you traveled to that you found fascinating?
- What was the scariest thing that ever happened to you?
- What do you do to help you relax?
Thank you, Morag for giving me this award. The real award was reading the posts of some of my faithful commenters and returning the favor.